This is a list of Jewish and secular new parent groups and ongoing classes by day. We do not guarantee that these will be happening every week. Please click on the links for more information about the group or class and to double check their schedules. Last updated February 2016. Please let us know if you know a change, discontinued event or new event.
- 10:15 am Lap Babies Story Time Boulder Main Library and George Reynolds Branch
- 11:30 am Baby and Me Yoga at The Mama’hood
- 12:30-5:00 pm Open Play Boulder JCC Tumble Room
- 1:00 – 2:15 pm Breastfeeding Group at the Mama’hood
- 1st and 3rd Tuesdays 10:30 pm – 12:30 pm Boulder Community Hospital New Mom Support Group
- 1st Tuesday 5:30-7:00 pm Single Mom’s Group at the Boulder JCC. Fosters a need in our community for single moms and support around raising children. Dinner is provided. Childcare is provided and will be held in the tumbling room.
- 2nd Tuesdays 5:30-7:00 pm Adoption Support Group at the Boulder JCC. For families considering adoption, families who have adopted children, and foster parents.
- 9:30-10:30 am Toddler Group (10-18 months) Boulder JCC (Meet in the Tumble Room) – Children ages 10-18 months. Enjoy time with your busy toddler as they explore the tumble room using their large motor skills through sensory play and socialization with other children!
- 10:15 am Storytime Boulder Main Library and Meadows Branch Library
- 12:00-5:00 pm Open Play Boulder JCC Tumble Room
- 12:30 pm Baby and Me Yoga at The Mama’hood
- 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Open Play Boulder JCC Tumble Room
- 9:00-10:30 PAL (Play and Learn) Parent/Tot Class (18 months-2.5 years) Explore a wide range of preschool activities including sensory, motor, art, social, and language experiences. Pre-registration suggested. Drop-in if space is available.
- 10:15 am Storytime Boulder Main Library
- 10:00 am -12:00 pm Milk Cafe at the Birth Center of Boulder
- 11:30 am – 12:30 pm Boulder JCC Mom’s Group (expecting-1 year) Meet other moms, guest speakers, and share your experiences. Topics include: sleep, relationship changes, feeding, immunizations, personal identity, safety and infant development.
- 3:00-4:00 pm Playgroup: Newborn-Toddler at the Mama’hood
- 9:30-11:00 am PAL – Play And Learn – Parent/Tot Class – For children, 18 months to 2.5 years to explore a wide range of preschool activities, with an early childhood teacher and their accompanying parent or significant adult.
- 2:00-4:00 pm Open Play Boulder JCC Tumble Room
- 11:30 am – 1 pm Baby and Me Yoga at The Mama’hood
- 10:15 am Storytime Boulder Main Library
- 1:00-2:30 pm Breastfeeding Group at the Mama’hood
- First Fridays (October – May) 6:00 pm Tot Shabbat Congregation Har HaShem
- Fourth Friday Kabbalat Shabbat and Dinner 5:30 pm – Rabbi Marc leads and engaging, short service filled with music, prayer and story followed by a vegetarian Shabbat meal. RSVP required.
- 2nd and 4th Saturday 11:00 am – 12:00 pm Shabbat Shelanu Congregation Bonai Shalom
- Generally, 1st Saturday per month 9:30 – 11:00 am ShabbatTots Nevei Kodesh (check website for schedule)
- Third Saturday of the Month 10 am – The Birth Center of Boulder Orientation and Tour
- Every other Saturday 2:00-3:15 – Postpartum Transitions Support Group – through the Postpartum Wellness Center of Boulder
Mishpacha (Family) Adventures – geared toward families with children preschool-1st grade. We offer events once a month that are often trips to fun locations around town.
ShabbatTots – young families, with children 0-5 and their siblings, discover, explore and celebrate Jewish life. We meet once a month to share in stories, parent take-away ideas, and hands-on activities. Shabbat mornings once a month from 9:30-11 am at Nevei Kodesh. All levels of observance, interfaith families and different lifestyles are honored. Open to members and guests.
Shabbat Shelanu – offered on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays, Bonai Shalom celebrates Shabbat with young families. Singing, dancing and telling stories geared toward families with children under age 5.
Tot Shabbat – offered on the first Friday at 6 pm October – May at Har HaShem. For children ages 7 and younger and their families.
Mommy and Me – offered through the Chabad Jewish Center of Longmont for mothers and babies from newborn to age 3.